Jan 26, 2010

Mia moments

I was going to write another post about the misery that is the big-girl bed transition, but I'm tired of complaining. Instead, I'll list some of the cuter Amelia highlights as of late :)

She continues to amaze us and make us laugh with the things that come out of her mouth! I swear, she has a huge language explosion almost every week! She's started the "Why's", which I suppose is another rite of passage for parents! It's pretty funny (for now) although I can usually only make it through 3 "Why's?"before copping out with some sort of lame response, or "Ask Daddy".

Latest example:

Mommy: Amelia, let's put your coat on!
Amelia: Why?
Mommy: Because it's cold outside today.
A: Why?
M: Because it is winter.
A: W?
M: Because, um, the Earth is farther away from the sun right now and....?
A: W?
M: Because, um, just put your coat on!

She also comes up with some crazy statements that make me wonder what she's learning in preschool, or who she's hanging out with, or what kind of subliminal messages are in Sesame Street and Wow Wow Wubzy. Recently she's been telling us that "the spaceship is coming". No kidding. Should I be concerned about this? :)

She's still such a singer and so independent! She loves to hug my belly and gets to feel the baby kick a lot.

She loves the boys at school and lately loves to wear dresses. I'm not sure how to feel about this yet.

She's a little under the weather right now (more on that soon) but still resisting that nap, upstairs singing "Ba Ba Black Sheep". How can I be too frustrated though--check out the cuteness below :)








No comments: