Jan 13, 2010

Big Girl Bed Blues

I've got the big-girl bed blues. I think Amelia does too. We were all so excited when we set it up last week and it looked so pretty and cozy. Amelia slept like an angel in it that first night. Then came nap time.

We haven't seen a solid nap since last Wednesday. I am almost at my wits end. And bedtime is getting worse each night. Last night Amelia ended up sleeping on the floor beside her bed and I moved her back into bed at 10pm. Sigh.... This is not a fun struggle.

And for some reason we decided to make this switch a few days before Sean went out of town.

And I'm 31 1/2 weeks pregnant and just tired in general.

Someone please remind me that this will all just be a funny memory in a few months.

I'm too tired to take any pictures of the big-girl bed just yet, but it is pretty cute. One of these days when we are sleeping better (with new baby coming, it may be more like September), I'll put some up.

Send good sleep vibes our way! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

Maryland Mommy said...

this will all be just a funny memory soon! I promise. She sounds just like Z. It took like 2 weeks and we found him sleeping on the floor and in odd places in his room but once we put up the bed rail he seemed to get better. Do you have a rail up?? Hang in there!!!

Sarah said...

thanks! we have a side bed rail. do they make them for the end of the bed? she just slides off the end of the bed. yesterday morning i heard her running around the kitchen at 6:30am. i tried a baby gate in front of her door but she scaled that too. oh so fun!! :)