Nov 24, 2009

I'm Thankful For...

Thanksgiving is here! We are very excited to be travelling to Katie and Maz's in Louisville this year to see the McB's and cousins! Mia has been talking on the phone with Gabriel and Norah and they are planning all sorts of fun things to do together, I'm sure :)

I love this holiday and spending time with family and of course the delicious food. We also have so much to be thankful for and here are just a few:

  • Our funny, fantastic, feisty little daughter Amelia. She makes us laugh so much everyday. Lately she likes to pretend she is a cat. She wants to sleep on the top of the couch cushion like Elliot, so she says "meow" and then attempts this feat. Usually we discourage it, but it is pretty funny to watch.
  • Our bouncy, beautiful, growing baby girl (24 weeks along today!) that we will meet in March. Favorite names of the moment are Elena and Abigail. I'm such a fan of nicknames, and besides being a lovely name, Elena is full of potential! Ellie, Elle, Laney, Lane!! Love them all :)
  • Our health, home and security. Especially in this day and age, we are very fortunate to have stability, good medical care and a great home. I am guilty of complaining about small things that bother me (loud neighbors, co-payments, Sean traveling) but I know that we are very lucky and I remind myself to be grateful for all of these things.
  • You! Our friends and family who provide us with so much. Fun outings, support, advice and love. Yes, I'm pregnant and tend to get overly mushy sometimes, but I really mean it. Thank you all :)

Have a wonderful Turkey Day!!

No comments: