Jan 24, 2011

Hairy

Well, after 3 1/2 years, Mia finally had her first hair cut. She's been asking for one for a while, and her (gorgeous, very long and curly) hair was really becoming difficult to brush/wash/do anything with. So I took her in Saturday and she lost at least 6 inches, including the baby curls. For some reason, she asked to have her hair cut "like Daddy's", but we kept it simple for now.

I know it was time, but I'm still a little sad. She handled it like a pro, just as she did at the dentist. As long as we prepare Mia for things in advance, she usually handles anything we throw her way pretty well.

After her cut and blow dry :), we went to Dairy Queen for lunch, of all places. She had been asking for a chocolate ice cream cone with chocolate sprinkles (whose child is this?? Sean and I don't care for chocolate at all!).

Anyway, here are a few photos of the new 'do!




And all we have left of the old hair are memories... sniff sniff! :) I know, I know it will grow. Mia actually tells me she can feel it growing already!