Dec 10, 2009

Santa or Scrooge?

I love Christmas, really I do. I absolutely love looking at our gorgeous Christmas tree when it is quiet at night, and listening to Christmas carols and all of the parties and goodies. And it is so much more magical with a kid! Mia is asking more about Christmas and Santa and presents this year and she helped (sort of) with the tree. Christmas morning is so special when you have a small child.

But I just keep wavering back and forth between the "I love this time of year" and "Ugh, I have so much to do and I'm just tired and achy and why won't Amelia nap and I'm never gonna get all of this stuff ordered and why doesn't this have free shipping?? etc., etc., etc...., BAH HUMBUG!"
Usually I adopt the second attitude at around 10pm when I'm ready for bed but feeling overwhelmed with what I need to do.

I'm trying to tell myself that it will all get done and that I need to relax. And when I see this little face light up at the sight of our tree or lights in the neighborhood, it really does make me feel all merry inside. Lets hope the feeling lasts a few more weeks!

Hope your December is going well and you have found some time to enjoy the season!







No comments: