Sep 21, 2009

The "Surprise"

Well, I hinted at a surprise a while ago, although by now, all 4 of my blog readers know the big news! :)

We are expecting McBaby #2! Due March 17 (St. Patrick's Day!) although the last measurements indicated March 12... we'll see.

We are very excited of course, and a little nervous about this new adventure. (Will we ever sleep again? How do you get 2 kids on the same nap schedule?)

So far everything looks great. I'm 15 weeks along today and thankfully past most of the nausea and exhaustion! I've had 2 ultrasounds already (I'm considered "Advanced Maternal Age") and the little guy/girl is jumping and rolling and growing like crazy!

Hopefully we'll find out the sex in about 5 weeks, and then the great name debate can really begin! I love thinking about names and so far have lots of favorites. I'd like it to be kind of old fashioned (like Amelia), possibly Irish, and not too weird, but not too common either.

Here is my favorite photo of the little jumping bean at 12 weeks waving hello. We'll keep you posted as the weeks go by!


1 comment:

Maryland Mommy said...

Yippie! It is about stinkin' time you posted a picture of my little niece/nephew...I've been so excited to see him/her! Looks like he/she is waving hi to Auntie Alexis :). We are sooooo excited for you and hope to be as much help as you need/want throughout this exciting time.

WE LOVE YOU!!!!