We got to experience yet another joy of parenting the other night: "Foreign Object Removal!"
Apparently Amelia shoved a peanut up her nose during snack time, unbeknownst to Mommy (I'm up for Mom of the Year this year). A few hours later, she told us about it. Lucky Sean was watching her while I was at the gym. He tried to get her to blow it out, he tried the snot sucker, he tried tweezers. Nothing worked. He called the after hours number for our pediatrician and got the most fantastic tip ever! (Thank goodness for Daddy! I think I would have panicked after Googling, and probably rushed to the ER!)
Anyway, by this time I was home and feeling really guilty. The doctor's tip was to basically do reverse CPR on Amelia. Sean laid her down, covered up the unblocked nostril and gently blew into her mouth. Lo and behold, the peanut came shooting out the other nostril! How cool! And soooo much better than a night in the ER!!!
Needless to say, no more peanuts until she's 18!
1 comment:
Bwahhhhahhahahahahahah!!!! Sorry, I never write this but I am seriously LMAO!!!! Only you guys! :) Nothing but love and I certainly can't talk...Madeline ate "joint compound". Glad all is well and we can't wait to see you!!!
Post a Comment