Nov 13, 2008

The Waiting Game

Well, we had hoped to be settling into a new house by now, but instead we are waiting, somewhat patiently, to get official approval from the seller's bank on our offer. We looked at a beautiful house the first weekend we moved back, and put an offer on it a few days later. It is an old (1918) Arts and Crafts, Foursquare home, and may be from one of the Sears kits (which I think is super cool). It is in our favorite Norfolk neighborhood with great parks, schools and playgrounds within walking distance. It is actually one street down from our old house! It has a new (intimidating) kitchen and lots of space for visitors! I keep daydreaming about paint colors and family gatherings and I'm getting tired of waiting!

It turns out the owners are in financial trouble and had to do a "short sale" which is basically a way to avoid foreclosure. All indications are that the bank will accept the offer and everything will go through, but it takes so much longer dealing with banks. We've been told we'll get a formal decision by next week and can close as soon as possible afterwards. Keep your fingers crossed!

Hopefully I'll have some pictures of the new house up soon, but I don't want to jinx anything (too much!) In the meantime, here is my latest favorite photo of Mia and her crazy hair :)




No comments: