Nov 30, 2008

Thanksgiving at "Mah Maws"

We spent the weekend at Grandma W's house (whom Amelia christened "Mah-Maw"), and had a great time. I got to see lots of friends and kiddos and eat way too much fabulous food. It was our first Thanksgiving dinner in 3 years and boy was it delicious! My favorite foods in the entire world have to be my mom's stuffing, mashed potatoes, and broccoli casserole. Sean made his delicious homemade gravy this year too! I attempted to make a blueberry breakfast bread, and pumpkin pie, although I think I'm best at just helping out with small tasks! Amelia ate everything with much gusto, except for the asparagus... oh well. I think my favorite part of the holiday was just watching Amelia and Grandma, and her Uncles interact and play. This is such a fun age (16 mths today!) and she is such a joy to be around.

Still no word on when we'll close on the house, but we're hoping by the end of this week. We were able to get the keys and have started painting a few rooms. They look great so far!

Grandma W's tree faces:)

She loves taking dogs for their walks! Here she is walking Grandma's "sausage" dog, Harley.

No comments: