Oct 15, 2012

Fall photos

We try to do a weekend away in the mountains of western Va. every fall. This past weekend we went to Luray and enjoyed the peace and quiet, the scenery and the fall activities. Despite a rainy and cold day hiking along Skyline Drive, we still really loved our trip and this family tradition :)

In other news, Sean is Mia's soccer coach this fall. It is so adorable to see him out there helping 5 yr olds dribble the ball and pass it to each other and do stretching exercises. Mia likes practicing and playing with her teammates, but she doesn't seem too interested in the "games".  She started riding her bike without training wheels a few weeks ago and she says she loves how quiet it is now when she rides. I hope to get video of her soon.

Ellie loves to sing. "We are the Dinosaurs, Marching, Marching",  "Eliza Jane" and "I Know a Chicken" are her favorites lately. If you happen to see her in the near future, ask her to sing for you. The resulting cuteness will make your day, I promise :)

Recent photos below (too many to choose from, so lots and lots of them are included) 
Happy happy fall!






 We have never been apple picking before. It was really very fun!

 View from our cabin!




 I was peacefully enjoying my book when I look up to see this...
 And then this...














 Passed out on the way home.


No comments: