I haven't touched my camera in a while (I've barely moved from the prone position if I can help it) but I do want to share a few things that were said this week.
- Mia loves to look at our old photo albums. She calls them "A long time ago books" and she always asks if she was in my belly if she's not in the photos. I still don't have a great answer for this.
- Last night at dinner Mia said that her "taste bugs" liked the taste of her food. This is so cute but it makes me wonder what she envisions living on her tongue? :)
- Ellie started saying "I love you" back to us this week, but she pronounces it "Yuh yoo". Makes me melt every time.
Dear parents,
I want to share with you something that occurred on the playground on Thursday. No worries – it’s all good. Following a discussion about rakes and shovels being tools to use with buckets (and NOT weapons), one enterprising child turned his bucket upside down and began using his shovel as a drum stick. A few more joined in, and before we knew it the whole class became part of the concert. Singing was added in, as well. It was totally spontaneous and everyone was smiling and laughing. Wish I had been able to videotape the whole thing – it truly was like a flash mob. As they performed for their delighted audience, their teachers clapped and cheered. It was sheer magic! I am always struck by how little children need to make their own fun, even in this high tech world we live in. Who needs video games, TV, and computers when a simple bucket and shovel can provide so much joy? They have so much to teach us.
Have a nice weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment