Nov 21, 2010

I'm thankful for...

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, a list of what I am most thankful for today:

  • Weekend mornings, thoughtful husbands, quiet beds and sleeping in!
  • Strong immunity systems. We've been exposed to about a billion people with the stomach bug over the past few weeks and so far we are still all healthy! Fingers and toes crossed!!!
  • Neighborhood potlucks. I sometimes feel like I'm living in another era, and like we are all part of a Norman Rockwell painting. I am so grateful that I know everyone on my street and we all look out for each other.
  • Coffee
  • A woman I met yesterday who gave me the idea to take Mia to a local volunteer spot, where we can sort food and I can introduce her to the concept of helping others who are less fortunate.

Without getting too deep, I am constantly thankful for family and friends, health and home. There have been a few setbacks over the year, but I am hopeful for continued blessings with all of these things.

Wishing you and your families a very happy and content Thanksgiving!

No comments: