I'm sure everyone can understand and relate to the hectic, craziness of moving and how it is amplified 100% with an energetic toddler running around. This past week our parenting skills have been challenged in many new and exciting ways. On the day we moved from the apartment to the house, I looked at Amelia who was (supposedly) playing happily on the floor, and I noticed 2 plastic pieces in her mouth. I immediately pulled them out and discovered that they were pieces of a broken hair clip. FOUR pieces were missing and I only pulled TWO from her mouth. Oh no. I called the doctor and confirmed that Amelia was breathing, swallowing, and acting normally and that I didn't need to panic. But, she nicely informed me that I was on poopy duty for a week, or however long it took for the pieces to pass. This means that instead of cleaning yucky, smelly diapers as quickly as possible, we have to INSPECT them carefully! Lucky, lucky us!
So far there has been no evidence of the offensive, foreign objects. I really don't think that she actually swallowed them, and they just went unnoticed in the hustle and bustle of the move. But for now, we'll hold our noses and search away. For some reason, I felt I needed to share this delightful news. I'm sure Amelia will thank me when she's older.
1 comment:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! That is really funny considering Sean's facination with Cali's poop...I am sure he is lovin' this, huh??? :)
Post a Comment