Jul 7, 2008

Barcelona Trip

We could not live with ourselves if we left Spain without visiting Barcelona. We finally made it this past week with our friends Mike and Rachel and their angelic 4 month old baby Norah. We stayed in a great apartment, just off Las Ramblas (the most lively, fun pedestrian street I have ever seen). Barcelona is such a vibrant city! There is so much activity and color and noise:) I was really excited to see the Gaudi architecture, and was absolutely not disappointed. The Sagrada Familia is the most unique cathedral I've ever seen and the Gaudi houses and parks are phenomenal. I'll post a few photos below. The rest will be on our photo website soon.




La Boqueria Market on Las Ramblas




Amelia enjoyed the harbor cruise


La Sagrada Familia-still under construction




Casa Batllo-Gaudi's famous design


La Perdera-Gaudi's last work



Chameleon in Gaudi's Park Guell



Happy Babies



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello all, Looks like it was a great visit. Back in the 20th century, during my own European travels, I ofter thought that the tourist busines should have been sub-contracted out to Disney Inc--the crowded, noisy, smelly reality left a little to be desired. Appears that they got it right in Barcelona. Unreal pictures. Thanks. Dad C