It is slowly starting to sink in that in just a few months we'll be leaving Spain FOREVER. No official leave date yet, but plans are in motion. I have lots of mixed feelings about this, but right now I'm just pretty sad. I try to walk along the beach boardwalk daily so I can permanently etch the views of Puerto Sherry and Cadiz in my mind. I'm sad that Amelia won't remember living in this gorgeous place with the nearly perfect weather. I'm disappointed that despite swearing not to move back to the U.S unless I spoke fluent Spanish, I still have to say "Lo siento, hablo solamente un poco de Espanol" way too often (I only have my lazy self to blame for this!). I'm not thrilled about the traffic and the "work comes first" mentality we'll be rejoining. sigh. But, I do have so many incredible things to remember about our time here. And plenty of reasons that I'm excited to move back. I'll highlight them on another post sometime. I'm just in a sappy mood at the moment.
Jun 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment